Monday, February 15, 2021

Message for a Student Who is Behind

 

Thank you for reaching out!

You pose really tough questions. It took me eleven years to get my first degree (that is 22 consecutive semesters) because I suffered from depression and coping skills for the first part. Working full time, I couldn't have time to study like I wanted, until I got help through poetry and therapy.

Anyway, I don't know where you might be as far as time wise, but this might be the class you need to drop? W can stand for wisdom!

I said it today in zoom, do everything possible to protect your GPA.

Just as a professor who cares, would you feel comfortable sharing how your other classes are going? How can we get time freed up for you? How can we get you in a space to set you up for success?

 

[

 

So if I may rephrase, as you mentioned you are falling behind in everything, can we get you with just two courses? When I was struggling, I knew being in college was a life saver.

Are you free tomorrow morning at all to zoom? Or Wednesday morning?

Let's get your semester on track.

Thank you for reaching out!

[


I am happy to accept everything by Thursday at noon. You could skip the response 1, which is only 10 points, and turn in one brainstorming, with 30 points lost for the second. Then revise a selected poem with line breaks / enjambment to turn in as poem #1.


I just worry, as I have freed up two additional hours of class (WF at 11am) and that is not including the school's suggested 6 additional hours (which I really don't think is realistic, but oh well).

What do you think?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment