Wednesday, April 10, 2019

GNC Male

I have found the appropriate pronouns and gender desginationin being GNC male. Even the phrase "being a man" has always sent needles into my senses. I wrote an essay called "Against Masculinity" for Inscape because I fel it would be better to submit "at home" then "out there." Luchily, it was not rejected. It won the editors prize, and the students embraced it as a common idea. So many of us "men" don't want to be in that category, that arena, while we embrace gender fluidity, serve as allies for LGBTQA2, but feel it is not appropriate to claim Q or A. I have loved men as much as women, but never felt like expressing my love for men with my undressed body. With that all said, Gender Non-Conforming Male seems like the perfect fit to show my stance again the Patriarchy, for the performance of bodies (Butler), for people being allowed to be who they are. When talking about the woman my mother would marry, I used the phrase "other mother" which was the closest way to say who she is as a mother and distinguish her from my mother mother. Sometimes I said MomSo and MomSu, using the first two initials from their first names. In memory of my other mother, I wish to have the pronouns: other-he, other-him, other-his. Part of me feels ridiculous to ask people to refer to me this way, but it feels so right! Part of this discovery is in a poem I am writing titled "Queer Creatures of Kansas," which also is the working title of the manuscript. I felt very much aligned with my mothers, not lesbian, but when in grad school I shouted after mai tais, "I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body." I don't mean to offend. It was the only words I could use to try to explain how I feel inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment