Sunday, September 17, 2017

No More Alamo for Me

I still can't go to the Alamo Drafthouse with a clear conscience. I'm checking out the Screenlands.

Okay, it looks like the articles have removed what the victim blogged to Faraci about what he did to her in front of two other people. It was HORRIBLE! What makes it worse is the CEO of the company, after "agreeing with Faraci" that his resignation was the best thing to do, started easing Faraci back in within a month afterwards--first through emails, then really raising the flags when his name started appearing for movie review blurbs for the film festival Alamo puts on, Fantastic Fest. People were saying, I thought you got rid of this guy? What's the deal? Then the CEO posted on facebook how he saw Faraci had changed, he went through drug/alcohol treatment, and wanted to get him back through another Alamo venture other than the one he had been a part of. The things that bother me: The victim had neither VOICE nor any mention in the CEO's post, that the post came AFTER the slow reintegration without any warning that he was coming back, that Faraci was "being pardoned," but without any sexual addiction treatment (the old, "the alcohol made me do it"), and it is after all of the other comments to the effect of what I mentioned here that led the CEO to the "talk through" and having him "hand in his resignation." If I were the CEO, I would have been like, at Alamo, we don't tolerate this of our employees. PERIOD! You are FIRED. Don't show your face in an Alamo Drafthouse again! If this is their policy about people who talk or text during a movie, it CERTAINLY should be their policy for employees to not rape or sexually assault ANYONE. But it's not my business. I am SAD SAD SAD to not go to the Alamo Drafthouse again, but then I realized that is my PRIVILEGE to feel that way, that it really doesn't compare to how someone was sexually assaulted in public and humiliated by the employee--then has to live with all of the emotions around this, then has to relive it NOW as the employee was sneaked in through the back, hoping no one would catch on? Other things in a removed article I read: that Faraci was known for being a BULLY. Anyway, I am checking out Screenland!

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/alamo-drafthouse-tim-league-devin-faraci-sexual-harassment-1201875883/

http://jezebel.com/film-critic-accused-of-sexual-assault-is-writing-again-1805664696

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/blogger-devin-faraci-steps-down-again-sexual-assault-allegations-1202558042/

No comments:

Post a Comment