Wednesday, June 17, 2020

EN101 Self Care, First Gen, and the World

We are all coming out of trauma, as we are all coming out of self-sheltering which can be a traumatic event. With Black Lives Matter, students who are BIPOC have experienced a whole other level of anxiety on a personal level. Many of you are first generation beginning at Washburn, so I know that is another level of anxiety.

So my proposition to you is this. I know each of you belong here! I want you to feel comfortable as possible with me as I am all-student-centered.

This means finding ways to incorporate self-care into our learning, while asking you to share with me what you want or need from me. I want everyone to feel valued, cared for, and know I am including a diverse number or readings and approaches to reflect the inclusiveness in our course. This means we might each share our personal stories.

Thank you for being here and enrolling on this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment