Saturday, February 8, 2020

Innovation

In Black Cinema I'm giving the students tools to learn analysis. And critical thinking in terms of a film but I said I wanted anything except an essay. I gave them several options. For example, the screenplay which takes parts from the movie and interweaves them with a personal narrative of a play. , a personal narrative with the film, poems with a poetic description of the poems. , a movie review. All of these ways that a student could feel engaged with what they are doing. I am also not shorting them of an educational academic experience. As we were reading critical works. One or more which would become a part of their work. This is the real work in the world. Most of all, I wanted them to be able to do something they could share in the world and not just the classroom. Aperion or presentations does this perfectly. The most challenge for students will be for them to figure out what kind of grade they have earned. I only go over the rubric. And they decide their grade based on the rubric and what they present for each assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment