Friday, March 19, 2021

Final Lecture

 One of the most important lessons I learned out of COVID is how to show grace. That needs to be the top priority as a professor and human in the world. 

Part of my issues with ADHD is that it is sometimes difficult to bite my tongue, to hold my words. For people with ADHD, fairness is important, a priority that triggers. A lot of my life was spent silent so that makes it worse. I know people have seen this side of me when I know others have been overlooked out of unfairness, how I have been overlooked because of gatekeepers. 

Being a professor is a gatekeeping profession, teaching as a colonizing history, and I am proud that I have been aware of that.

But I don't want to posture, as COVID has sown me there are plenty of people proud to say they are thriving in this environment, are happy to take over workshops from others to take up the time and space to say they know what has been effective for them. Who is the facilitator again?

I know we are to stay optimistic, and I have that. But I also feel like grace is the priority. With others and one's self.


No comments:

Post a Comment