Monday, April 1, 2013

New projects

I have almost completed Topeka cento. The first draft is done, but I'm hoping Tod Marshall will come through for me. He is the last major Topeka poet left.

Also, as of yesterday, I have Amy King's permission to use her book I Want to Make You Safe for my next project. I truly admire her work, both on and outside of the page. She and Ana are inspirations--which is why the next project is autobiographical. As I am reading her work around Topeka, maybe aloud even, it serves as a site for social change. Look at Amy's own work in these areas. Maybe this is the catalyst for the project?

It starts with mapping out Topeka, and mapping out the Table of Contents. I am coping things out of the book. I would love to get my hands on some Topeka maps outside of the web. Maybe there are maps that conentrate on the areas I want to write in?

No comments:

Post a Comment