Thursday, January 17, 2019

Persona poems

https://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/the-many-faces-of-persona-poems

In the psychology of Poetics course, we are about to examine Persona poems and it's raising raising many interesting questions about why do I write a Persona poem. In my own exploring of writing a Persona poem to somehow show my empathy for others who have been through struggle but as I'm coming from a place of privilege I think the only way I could do this is through mythological or Mythos characters. For example, I do not want to use the voice of someone who has been through an abusive situation, and at the same time not assume the voice of the abuser either. If used person has had their own experience and their own voice, while the abuser who's caused harm I do not want to cause more harm. However, through Mythos like purse a comic book characters or Theseus who really intrigues me as a so-called hero, I could explore those things and show the deeper issues and problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment