Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Message to Students About AWP

Here is the main page for the conference: https://www.awpwriter.org/awp_conference/overview

It really is a true experience. There is a Washburn English major who went in 2012 and has gone every year since. I wish I could do that, too, as there are so many ways to make connections with writers and editors, meet people one would never meet otherwise, and be inspired by panels and readings. For the upcoming AWP, there is a tentative list posted here: https://www.awpwriter.org/awp_conference/schedule_overview

A student chooses a mentor she or he has had in a class, so I would be honored to be your accompanying mentor. I am hoping to find at least two or three students to mentor so those women may share a room at the conference hotel. I am planning for the 2019 conference in Portland ahead of time so I may help students prepare with their own work which can lead to finding what panels and readings to attend, as well as which presses, literary magazines, and MFA programs would be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment