Sunday, October 12, 2014

Greetings from Naropa

For the first conference, this is such an amazing experience. First, it is free. It is very generous for Naropa to offer this, including the food for the reception yesterday.

The panels are compelling, on the level of the best AWP panels I have attended, which is why this alt-AWP conference is a must. The overwhelming nature of AWP isn't here. People are friendly, passionate about their work, and there is a willingness to share about process and one's self.

The small, peaceful campus is a bonus, Also, I am blown away by the students and their presence to help with the conference.

I've met several poets I have been wanting to meet, plus CA Conrad is a delight to finally talk to in person.

I loved serving on the panel about mothers. The turnout was amazing, with a lot of energy and enthusiasm.

I have been tweeting different things I have caught at panels, Find my tweets @poemslyrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment