Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Grunge of 1991: Memoir

I realize 1991 is one of those pivotal years for me, full of strife and happiness, one of those years where many choices were available, but I did not have the mind-awareness to take them. I know this is how (it seems) everyone looks at the past, how one is glad not to have to live with what one did before. So why are there memoirs? Is it to heal? Remember?

This project will be similar to My Secret Wars of 1984, as I seek out texts to "remember" for me. I have a rough draft of what I need. I just need to send out permissions.

[

Star Trek TNG episodes from 1991

Data's Day
The Wounded
Devil's Due
Clues
First Contact
Galaxy's Child
Night Terrors
Identity Crisis
The Nth Degree
Qpid
The Drumhead
Half a Life
The Host
The Mind's Eye
In Theory
Redemption I
Redemption II
Darmok
Ensign Ro
Silicon Avatar
Disaster
The Game
Unification I
Unification II
A Matter of Time

[

Grunge releases

1991
Babes in Toyland To Mother Twin/Tone
Skin Yard 1000 Smiling Knuckles Cruz
Hammerbox Hammerbox C/Z Debut release
Hole Pretty on the Inside Caroline Debut release
Melvins Bullhead Boner
Mudhoney Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge Sub Pop
Nirvana Nevermind DGC Mainstream hit
Pearl Jam Ten Epic Debut release; Mainstream hit
Seaweed Despised Sub Pop
Screaming Trees Uncle Anesthesia Epic
Screaming Trees Anthology: SST Years 1985–1989 SST Compilation album
Soundgarden Badmotorfinger A&M Mainstream
Tad 8-Way Santa Sub Pop
Temple of the Dog Temple of the Dog A&M Sole release
Davy Jones Locker ST GGO / Atypeek Music Debut release
Various Artists The Grunge Years Sub Pop Compilation album
[
Comics
Deadpool as metaphor
[
Events
[
"Can Poetry Matter?" by Dana Gioia
Anita Hill
[
 
still need movies
Linda McCarrister Eva-Mary
 
An Atlas of the Difficult World Adrienne Rich
Marilyn Nelson Waniek The Homeplace
 
Rebecca Walker essay about Anita Hill
 
Pres,. Bush
Gov of Kansas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment