Monday, November 21, 2011

A good day

As I was preparing to teach Freshman Comp, a student came in saying he only had one copy of his essay for Peer Group Review. I had enough time to make extra copies for students.

When I went into the English Dept, there was a large gathering of collegues there. I said, "Hey, is there a meeting I don't know about?" They laughed about it. So when I was heading to my class, there was a large group of people at the end of the hallway. I said to my students, "I don't know what's going on. There are a lot of people out there and in the English Dept."

Just then, Denise came in, asking if some people could observe what was going on. "I have Peer Group Review today," I said. Then lots of people began coming in. Then the English Dept people lined up outside and came in on the other side of the classroom.

Someone had balloons. I forgot someone's name. There was also an award to hand me.

I turned red, as Denise declared I earned the Student Life Achieving Excellence Award!

She talked about the award, but I started to tear up. I have no idea what she said.

Lots of congratulations. Pictures with the Student Life people, English Dept, and my students.

Thank you, Student Life!

2 comments:

  1. As one of your former students, I will agree that this award was well deserved!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete