Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ronald Johnson

I had the pleasure in meeting Susan M. Schultz, as she was the Top City Poetry reader last night. I used her Dementia Blog for my MFA thesis on Joe Harrington's recommendation. Let me say, last night goes into my memory folder labeled "wonderful times." She is a generous person!

I mentioned that Bob Webb loved Ronald Johnson's poems. They had spent some time talking after the reading, and now I wished I could have chimed in on that fact--as Susan wrote an essay on Johnson, even contacting his sister for certain copyrights.

I thought I would open up this blog around Ronald Johnson, born in Kansas, passed away in Kansas--in Topeka. He worked in Ward-Meade Park, finishing his garden poems as he tended to the garden.

Here is a page dedicated to the memorial. I am hoping to host a Ronald Johnson night in the fall--so check out the Top City Poetry Reading Series website for more info. And look for his work published by Flood Editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment